SnC Spring 2013 Blog Hop

I've never participated in a blog hop before so this is pretty exciting for me to welcome you to this blog hop!

If you are coming directly to my blog you may want to start at the beginning at Karen's blog. Basically the low down is that some of us gals over at SkrapNChat  decided to host a blog hop. Our theme for the hop is stencils or masks. I cannot wait to see the other lovely creations the other girls are posting on their blogs and was really excited to play with masks/stencils for my post!

I LOVE stencils and have amassed quite the collection over the last couple of years! I usually use my glimmer mists or other inks with them although I would like to try some modeling paste one of these days.

 This was actually a perfect challenge for me as I have had this (see below) sitting on my desk for sometime now just waiting for me to do something crafty with it.


The bird cage image was produced when I used the white paper as a scrap while I was spraying the bird cage resist canvas (from Prima) that ended up on the LO below.


I loved the stencil image that had been left behind on the scrap paper and decided to keep it thinking that I could use it in the future some time. I think we often think that we have to buy fancy tools to create the effect that we want when really a lot of the time our scrapbooking supplies can do double duty as is the case with my misted image. Now I am sure that I could go out and purchase a bird cage stencil or mask but why not use the image that was created by spraying the resist canvas? I mean the image was completely free!

I knew as soon as I had lifted the resist canvas off the paper that I wanted to use the left behind image on a card. It was WAY too cute continue using the paper as a scrap paper and or to let the paper go into recycling. So I did exactly that on Sunday night in prep for this blog hop and the image below is what I ended up making.

As you can see I cut the bird stencil into a rectangle, traced around the white image, backed it on some black polka dot paper and adhered it to my card.



Card details: 
Image: stencil of prima resist canvas sprayed with glimmer mist ink, traced with American Crafts journalling pen, backed on older Costco pack polka dot paper (don't know the brand-sorry!)
Backgound:  I used a cuttlebug geometric rings embossing folder like this one  that I recently picked up at Michaels. I inked the embossed image with baha blue Stampin' Up! ink
Embellishments: The doily is actually from the dollar store. I got 32 of these babies for $1.25. Awesome deal. I misted it with glimmer mist and inked the edges with pebbles cream chalk. The sequins are from a the $1.50 bin as Michaels. The flower is prima. The greeting and rinestone in the flower are both from Stampin' Up!

Thanks for popping by my blog and I hope I inspired you to find shapes around your craft area that you can use to make negative images for your next project!

Now you can head on over to Kelsey's blog here: HERE

PRIZE INFO: 
And for everyone that leaves a comment here I will be drawing for a $10 Michaels gift card. So be sure to leave a comment! The winner will be announced on Friday, April 12th.

Also everyone participating in the blog hop will go into a grande prize draw to be announced on Friday as well.




22 comments:

JennC said...
April 8, 2013 at 6:25 AM

Beautiful as always!!!! I love your card and how you outlined the stencil!!

April C said...
April 8, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Gorgeous card!!

Auntie Em said...
April 8, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Your card is gorgeous! I love the black outline for the sweet image. Hard to believe what a difference it makes. Great inspiration! :)

skeeteror said...
April 8, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Beautiful card! I love how you turned your scrap into such a great element! ~Bev/Skeeter~

Kelsey said...
April 8, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Pretty card! I've got so many neat ideas from this Blog Hop! :)

Unknown said...
April 8, 2013 at 8:23 AM

I love that card!! Suitable for so many occasions! And I love how it originally was "left over" from another project.

Tracey said...
April 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Great layout and idea to use the outlined bird cage on the card!! So creative!

b.c. Gurl said...
April 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM

you're oh so clever :) what a gorgous card!

Princess Cole said...
April 8, 2013 at 9:56 AM

OK... round 2 of trying to leave a commemt (which will be shorter)

Love the little bird house mask. Great job

Chark said...
April 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM

cool original layout and love that you used the leftover! It looks great!

Anonymous said...
April 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM

The LO is beautiful...love the colors...its awesome that you kept the misted paper and used it on the card for the challenge. You did a great job with the colors on the card and the embossing is a great idea! Love how it turned out!

Lori

Jordan said...
April 8, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I love this!! I have never tried this technique because I am scared I will mess it up but seeing these make me want to try!!

Blynn said...
April 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I can see some masking in my future, loving all the results on the hop, great job!

Frances said...
April 8, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Really like your suggestion to really see what is in front of us and to use what is left behind rather than discarding it. Great card. Thanks for your tips.

Robyn said...
April 8, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I love your LO............the resist method looks great then the negative placed on the card is brilliant........I would have thrown it away. You have inspired me to look at scrappy waste differently!

Dawn said...
April 8, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Beautiful Stacy!

Anonymous said...
April 9, 2013 at 5:20 AM

Beautiful layout and card!

Shelley, Jadian, Ocieanna and Kadyn said...
April 9, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Wow! Both ideas are fantastic! Great job!

DanaMK said...
April 9, 2013 at 6:42 AM

So pretty! I love that you used it on a card - it's perfect!

Rhea Skomorowski said...
April 9, 2013 at 7:22 AM

I also like to use the negatives for other projects, Lovely little card.

len said...
April 9, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Clever idea to use scraps! Thanks! Love your card!

Ladyofthelake318 said...
April 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Love the bird cage and how you were able to use it twice!

Google Friends

Back to Home Back to Top Beauty~from~Ashes. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.